Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Where Did All The Hippies Come From?

If you are old enough to really know what being a hippie means then you were probably born in the 1940s and 50s. I myself was born in 1956, I was on the younger end of the "hippie" movement but I do remember the Vietnam War. Lot's of protesting and violence against a war everyone said that we couldn't win.  Every aspect of our lives was touched by the effect of this "Revolution." our movies, how we ate, the music we listened to, how we dressed, our livelihoods, how we raised our children, even our sexual relationships.  So how did the "hippie" movement start? I found this interesting article in the online Britannica Encyclopedia. It may have only lasted 20 years but it left a profound mark on a generation of minds.
Hog Farm Commune bus.
Easy Rider influenced a generation. 
Woodstock will never be forgotten. 



This Revolution changed our music into political statements.

No comments:

Post a Comment